Saturday, April 5, 2008

Springing Into Action


I have been a busy bee as of late. Designing juices have been flowing like a river! Easter had me busy making about 36 little bunnies for special orders (only one made it to etsy, and still remains - go figure).


I have created several scarfs from golden retriever yarn for customers, which was quite a bit of fun. And now I find myself utilizing some intriguing yarns - made from plastic grocery bags!


I cut the bags, spin the strips into yarn and use the wound ball to make little coupon holders. I just put one on etsy, so we'll see what the hand-madesters there think, but locally they seem to be a bit of a hit. I am working on a purse since I personally think that would be fabulous! I actually hate plastic grocery bags, so this was more of a mental project than anything. Now I find myself begging friends who have not yet found it in their hearts to go green for their grocery bags. Nothing like free fiber, ur uh, plastic grocery bags (did I just say I'm thankful for plastic grocery bags?)!




No comments: