Friday, November 30, 2007

Golden Retriever Yarns A Specialty


I have a charming client who loves her dog, Betsy, very much. Betsy is a completely obese golden retriever who is quite fond of the cute cookie jar on the counter that plays 'You Ain't Nothin' But A Hound Dog' every time it is opened. Her entire body wags, not just the tail. She is that overweight. But utterly sweet and a special friend to be sure.

At any rate, it was posed to me if I thought Betsy's fur would make a pretty yarn. An emphatic "YES!" was of course my answer. A gallon sized zip lock bag full of hair later, I am proud to say that I now specialize in the most beautiful golden retriever yarn you've ever seen. What lovely sock yarn my charming client now has. So I say to you all, don't just dream of sheep leaping over a fence as you fall asleep, just lay back and imagine how your best friend can give you a wonderful addition to your yarn stash. What an amazing way to immortalize a true friend!
(NOTE: I apologize for the dark, fuzzy picture. It does not do the yarn justice! I am in no way even remotely good at photography.)

No comments: